Saturday 30 June 2007

Pride and Prejudice






I recently happened to watch this movie and thought of writing my first ever review. Not that at the age of 27 this should sound very thrilling, but yes to me writing the first review is a weird feeling.
Ok, going back to the movie, it’s an excellent piece of work. If you have also been the victim of the Indian version of this movie 'Bride n Prejudice' you'll have all the more reasons to appreciate this wonderful romantic movie.
Right from the silent love of Jane and Mr. Bingley, who are not the main characters to the battle like love of 'Lizzy' and Mr. Darcey, its been weaved like a dream. And as the title suggests, the pride and prejudices govern all that follows between the two of them.
The sets of the movie are nice as well. The country side, Darcey's grand mansion and all other places suit the period of the movie and the characters merge with the same.

I admired Bennet family's affection for each other. The last dialog between 'Lizzy' and her dad is particularly touching. And before I forget, Mr.. Darcey looks arrogantly handsome :o)

If in UK, then you can also visit the locations used in movie. http://www.visitprideandprejudice.com/
Must watch!

3 comments:

Pranav said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pranav said...

I have seen the Indian version and didnt like it much... would definitely give this one a try now... seems like Meetu has a big crush on Mr. Darcey... :p

angelo said...

I haven't seen this movie at all and less I could be a victim of the Indian version... since I'm not Indian and where I live such films are not available. What is sure anyway is that the film is surely to be seen, I personally blind trust Meetu.. and I also agree with Pranav's comment about Mr. Darcey and Meetu...no doubt about it !!!