Tuesday 8 June 2010

My inner child

Last weekend I climbed a castle! Well technically it was not more than five meters high, but you know ....


It felt so big and huge when I was standing on one of the pillars and preparing to jump on another one barely half a meter away!


I felt like Marshall from How I met your mother. And yet my goal was so much smaller.

It was then I realized that how afraid I am of doing things, which I did fearlessly as a child.


I could effortlessly walk on a thin wall which was 10 meters high on one side and jump from a height of three meters, ten times in a row! And now!! I felt I would not make it - half a meter, cummon don't think, just jump... you cannot be serious... jump, jump, jump. Still nothing happened!



Finally after standing like a penguin for 10 minutes and lot of cheering and words of comfort from hubby, I took the leap. It was exhilerating! Then I jumped to another and another .....


On Sunday I climbed a tree fearlessly!

The child within me was wide awake and happy :)

No comments: